- 36 million: The number of people who die each year from chronic diseases.
- 346 million: The number of people in the world who have diabetes.
- 17.3 million: The number of people estimated to have died from cardiovascular diseases in 2008.
This is what we’re up against. Your donation will help us fight NCDs, among the world’s greatest challenges to global health and development.
- $1 allows us to sen 56 messages to one person over six months in India.
- $5 allows us to reach one middle-school child in rural India with one year of education on diabetes prevention.
According to the WHO, eating a healthy diet, increasing physical activity and avoiding tobacco use can prevent 80% of premature heart disease and type 2 diabetes cases, and 40% of cancers. And this is where we can make a difference.
Our programs focus on effective models of behavior change, educating, enabling and empowering people to save their own lives. With your support, we will change the course of non-communicable diseases throughout the world – one person at a time.
Join us today.
Help Arogya World implement our innovative programs:
- Diabetes Awareness and Prevention Education in Schools in India
- Diabetes Prevention using mobile health in India
- Global advocacy efforts including case studies, op-eds, Twitter campaigns
- Workplace Wellness programs in India
To donate by check, please make it payable to:
Alternatively, you may donate by credit card below.